Call for job applications: International Funding Officer
The Director-General of the Centre for Social Sciences (CSS) is looking for a candidate for the position of International Funding Officer.
The Centre for Social Sciences is submitting an increasing number of international (primarily EU) applications as coordinator and partner. The Secretariat of the Director-General is seeking a colleague who is experienced with the application submission process of international funding schemes (EU, Norway Grant, Visegrad Fund, etc.), has experience in writing applications, and is fluent in English. The successful candidate will assist CSS’s researchers by prospecting funding opportunities, supporting proposal writing, and submitting grant applications.
The EU Funding Officer will, under the supervision of the Head of Secretariat of the Director-General, be responsible for monitoring calls for proposals. Moreover, he/she will participate in the elaboration of international proposals. This includes helping researchers write successful applications and managing the submission process. He/she will monitor the relevant documents and requirements set by the funder (for example the European Commission) and will ensure that the rules and deadlines involved in grant applications are respected accordingly.
Duties and responsibilities
In particular, the International Funding Officer will be responsible for:
- Exploring the funding possibilities that are relevant for the researchers of CSS; set up and manage a database on those calls;
- Providing information on the policy background of the call, perform call analysis, and carry out eligibility checks;
- Supporting researchers in finding the best partners for consortia and coordinating the consortium during the proposal elaboration phase;
- Coaching researchers throughout the process: he/she offers proposal support from the development of the concept until the submission;
- Reviewing proposals in the pre-submission phase, in line with work programmes and funders’ expectations as well as the evaluation criteria;
- Participating in proposal writing, especially the implementation sections (management structure, milestones and procedures, GANTT Chart);
- Assisting researchers in the elaboration of Ethics sections of applications, based on the EU documents on research integrity and ethics;
- Collecting administrative data and documents that are necessary for the proposal, handling the online surface of the funding scheme;
- Participating in the elaboration of Consortium Agreements should proposals be successful;
- Analyzing results of funders’ evaluations of proposals, providing feedback to the researchers on these results, and making suggestions for future improvements of proposals;
- Contributing to the development of guidelines and training activities related to international funding schemes.
- Experience with proposal writing and coaching applicants is essential;
- Knowledge of international funding schemes, including EU grants and tenders;
- Acquaintance with or participation in European Networks related to funding opportunities and research administration is an advantage;
- BA/MA degree in any field;
- Knowledge about social sciences is an advantage;
- Very strong command of English is essential;
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications;
- We are seeking a cooperative colleague who can handle stress caused by deadlines, who has good communication skills, and has an optimistic personality.
Full-time one-year contract with a four-month probation period. The contract in case of mutual satisfaction can be extended.
Location H-1097 4. Tóth Kálmán street, Budapest, Hungary, home office is negotiable.
Submission Applications should include a CV and a letter of motivation, including the expected salary. Please send your application until April 11. via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Information: Veronika Tamas.
- Email: email@example.com;
- Phone: +36-1-224-6700 / 5269;
- Centre for Social Sciences;
Address: H-1097 Budapest, Tóth Kálmán u. 4.
The rules of data management related to the application procedure can be found at https://tk.mta.hu/adatvedelem.